Greetings to my MBN friends – both old and new!! I am excited to be your new MBN President for the next several months, and have many ideas I hope to share soon.
However, thanks to Covid-19, we are still in a bit of holding pattern for face-to-face meetings. BUT … that doesn’t mean there aren’t things we can do to reach out to one another in other ways 😊
Here are a couple of ways to start:
- First and foremost: Make sure you have registered as a member for the upcoming year! It’s still the best price in town for a networking group at only $50 for the year, and if there is one thing Covid has taught us, there is a LOT we can do online, so I’m hoping our website will become a great location for helpful information for our members. Make sure you remain one of them!
- Next, update your profile with a good picture of you and any other pertinent info: where you work, any social media links, etc. This is a fantastic first place members will look – make sure you are making a good impression.
- Because we can’t meet in person, we also can’t do our table introductions or our 60-second “elevator” pitches. BUT … you CAN record a video of you giving your pitch and add it to your profile, perhaps as a YouTube link. Tell our members what you do and why YOU should be their “go-to” person for the product you offer. I’ve created a simple sample of this, so check out my YouTube post on my profile page.
- Support our other members by using their services. Not sure who offers the service you need? The Search tool on our Membership Directory tab can help, but using less-specific terms might yield better results. And as with many search engines, you might try a couple of different search topics to make sure you are getting what you need.
- STAY TUNED!! We hope to have more information soon and we don’t want you to miss out 😉
Stay happy. Stay healthy. And we’ll be ‘together’ soon!
MBN President 2020-2021