Welcome to the MBN Community Forum. This discussion area is just one of your many MBN membership benefits.

This MBN community discussion forum is your chance to ask questions of other professionals and it’s a helpful, positive place to hang out online. The MBN forum is a strong community built around your membership. Don’t forget to promote your business if you have specials or an event that would be a great opportunity for our members!

We encourage you to use it as much as you want! Don’t forget! If you want to be notified of member discussions, please click on the RED link at the top of the Topic to subscribe.

Notifications
Clear all

In Search of:

Karen Shreve
Topic starter
(@kshreve)

Hello lovely ladies...

I thought I'd take advantage of this forum to see where this goes.

At this stage of my life/career I've decided to be open and vulnerable. I will make a long story short.

I got out of Hospital nursing in 2017....I JUST was NOT loving it anymore. I started my Arbonne business because I loved the products and later the culture and community! I've had huge personal growth and development on this journey and find myself a better person because of Arbonne! I enjoy helping others learn about pure, safe, holistic products and self-care. 

Due to the pandemic, My Husband took early retirement which means I am no longer covered under his health plan. Since both of us have always carried insurance with the companies that we worked for, it was a huge sticker shock to learn what the monthly cost would be. I decided to go back into the workforce to see if I can be employable again and have benefits.

I really don't want to start over again with the learning curve of hospital nursing. I really enjoyed ambulatory care but the way things are now, the only clinic/physician office jobs out there are for Medical Assistants. I have talked around and been told that some places will still hire an RN in these roles which I am applying for.

The idea of pivoting to something else outside of healthcare is very appealing but NOT sure what that would be. I found out that physically I'm not able to do the heavy manual work of moving banana boxes...I lasted 7 days at WINCO in the produce department. My hands and wrists were sprained and bruised. The mechanics gloves I bought didn't seem to help.

So I'm putting it out there, if anyone knows of employers hiring and offer Health Insurance as a benefit please let me know! Thanks

2 Replies
1 Reply
Allie Olson
(@aolson)

@kshreve 

Karen, we would be happy to take a look at your resume and see if we have anything you would be interested in! You can shoot me an email at allie.olson@expresspros.com and I can send you the link to apply and complete a short phone interview! 

Linda Baumann
Member Member
(@lbaumann)

I have worked part-time for Consumer Direct Care Network in Home Heath Care for about 5 years. They offer insurance and 401K. You might want to check them out as they have many different jobs available.

Home - Consumer Direct Care Network